What can I do if there is development/land clearing happening in my area?

While Friends of the Koala can’t stop development or land clearing from happening we can make submissions against development applications for proposed land clearing and development within our licenced area.

If the trees are already being knocked down, it is likely too late to protect a site. However, if trees are being knocked down without the permission of Local Government (and in some instances State Government), then any clearing may be illegal. Your first step should be to contact the Local Council to report the clearing and ask the clearing to be halted until Council have investigated.